Thread: Land Art

Land Art

A Land Art installation by artist V. Skip Willits of Camanche Ia and artist Mike Dodd, Southern France.

The first one is a mash up of two photos, commonly referred to as a double exposure.

The last has a ring of 53 clam shells that have holes drilled in them. When I was little, 50 years ago now, they were common along the shore of the Mississippi as remnants of the button industry that thrived before plastic. Now they show up on ocassion when a street is being repaired in the fill from 100 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marv; 09-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay
    See Tales from the Dark Slide in the Gallery section.

Thes finish the series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    A Land Art installation by artist V. Skip Willits of Camanche Ia and artist Mike Dodd, Southern France.

The first one is a mash up of two photos, commonly referred to as a double exposure.

The last has a ring of 53 clam shells that have holes drilled in them. When I was little, 50 years ago now, they were common along the shore of the Mississippi as remnants of the button industry that thrived before plastic. Now they show up on ocassion when a street is being repaired in the fill from 100 years ago.
    Wow, I really like the last one (6-r.jpg)!

I like the third image. Youre perspective is perfect with this partictular installation. Good work on the whole series Marv.
    Shoot Film Not People

Excellent services, just have been a long trip following that fence... & not a corn field to be seen (didn't think that was possible in Iowa).
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric J View Post
    Excellent services, just have been a long trip following that fence... & not a corn field to be seen (didn't think that was possible in Iowa).
    Not impossible, just not that easy. Corn fields and the Mississippi are just about everywhere I go but the Mississippi has less dust this time of year so I spend more time there.

A very well seen and captured series Marv - flawless technique and strong composition. Certainly of the standard we have come to expect from you!

Regards,
    Lawrie.
    "f180 and be there"

What an extraordinary set of images.

Some of them are almost serpent-like.

Lovely work.

(I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not but I only seem to be able to view these at small sizes. Even when I click onto them they enlarge only slightly. Is there some way around that?)
    Please click on my flickr page : www.flickr.com/photos/seoirseosial

If a single photograph is a phrase, then a body of work is the full story.
    (Manuel Alvarez Bravo)

Great pictures but I really like the one of the clam shells
    Tony
    See my cameras and photographs here
    http://www.pinholephotography.co.uk