Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis II - Multi cell lensed camera

That is a wild set up and the results are certainly interesting. I especially like the shoes and hands for very different reasons. The shoes have a clarity that almost borders on commercial work; you need not make any assumptions of what the represent. I can see it in a print add somewhere. The hands are just about the opposite. They impart a classic feel and the ambiguity forces one the consider the possibilities of what they could represent.
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay
    See Tales from the Dark Slide in the Gallery section.

Interesting input Marv. I am finding that the shots i prefer with this camera have an in focus element and an out of focus element. I really like the bokeh generated by these simple lenses, hence i feel the hands one is the most sucessful image so far. Here's another that i'm happy with shot with the 12mm aperture plate (f25 and distance of 250mm so a little less than 1:1 mag). I went a little nuts in post.

Jimmy the more I look at your wonderful images. The more I think in the new year the first cab of the rank should be a multi pinhole camera.

Just been playing with a 9 pinhole camera . The first test look nice and sharp . But I ended up with 9 small images.Then the penny dropped the images would be better it the focal length was longer and the subject closer.

This so brilliant !

this is really fantastic Jimmy! love it! I love the portraits, very nice. thanks for sharing... keep going!

Yes Colray! If you think about it, for the images to add together the object must be the same distance away as the FL. Good luck with your project.
    Thanks for feedback folks...here's a couple more from the camera...(and yes,...Froddo Baggins..)

This one demonstrates very well the effects this camera gives, my hands are at a distance from the camera = focal length, whereas my feet are far away and repeat. I think I'll try this shot with the pinhole version as having the feet sharp would be nice.
    Last edited by Jimmy G; 12-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G View Post
    Yes Colray! If you think about it, for the images to add together the object must be the same distance away as the FL. Good luck with your project.
    Thanks for feedback folks...here's a couple more from the camera...(and yes,...Froddo Baggins..)

This one demonstrates very well the effects this camera gives, my hands are at a distance from the camera = focal length, whereas my feet are far away and repeat. I think I'll try this shot with the pinhole version as having the feet sharp would be nice.
    Absolutely stunning, quality images there Jimmy.
    Well done.
    Please click on my flickr page : www.flickr.com/photos/seoirseosial

If a single photograph is a phrase, then a body of work is the full story.
    (Manuel Alvarez Bravo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12