After a long layoff, I've finally started printing up some cyanotypes again. My standard go-to paper is Stonehenge, and it has been excellent for me. I was ordering some things, and on a whim, threw in some Twinrocker paper to try out. I made some prints on Stonehenge to get my exposure time dialed in, and then printed on the Twinrocker. Holy moly! That paper seems like a full stop faster than the Stonehenge. Even though the print is over exposed (and I'll try some bleaching and tannin on that print) there's a really nice depth to it, and it looks like it might be a good paper for cyanotypes.

So what makes the paper faster? I'm having a hard time figuring this out. Could it be that it soaks up more of the cyanotype chemistry, and there's just more there to expose? I'm still using my batch of the "traditional" 2 part cyanotype formula, and in the coming weeks I might test it out with Mike Ware's "new" formula. Also, I'm using a little citric acid in the chemistry, and my development process is an initial citric acid bath, followed by water.