Thread: Mordancage - New thread, it's still weird

Mordancage - New thread, it's still weird

Friends,

Begging your pardon for my earlier attempt to post about Mordancage. I went back and posted a couple of images on the previous thread and then decided a fresh clean start was better. These images are from my first attempts with this process, which I still don't really understand all that well. It's definitely not conventional and not for those who need control. These all began as B&W old school wet darkroom prints. I think the colors (love them) are an artifact of doing this outdoors in the sunlight and arise from the redevelopment and lack of fixing.

River Mordancage_small.jpgBarton Creek model small.jpgChrist small.jpgScratched Zoe violin_small.jpg

For those of us who have never heard of this before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordan%C3%A7age

Fascinating the stuff I learn on this particular forum. You guys come up with some amazing stuff!

Simon

Very nice!

Just one question what are you useing as the bleach?

I'm using a copper chloride (Copper II, cupric chloride) and glacial acetic acid acid solution mixed about 50-50 with strong (20) hydrogen peroxide. Apparently very toxic so you need eye and skin protection and lots of fresh air. I was able to dispose of it at my city hazardous waste collection center. DO NOT POUR THIS DOWN THE DRAIN.

cool, thanks for posting!

it is weird, but also really beautiful. thanks again for sharing