Thread: Playground Structures

Playground Structures

Shot with a borrowed Zero Image 4x5, about 75mm, Acros 100 in Pyrocat HD. Wild guess for shutter opening. A touch of cropping to get the composition closer to my intent.
    Zone plate images are so fun.
    -Harlan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!
    I have a zone plate that's never been used. after viewing your picture I must give it a go!

Oh and a warm welcome

That's a great ZP photo! Well seen. The shadow and catch-lights make this a great zp subject.

Another one

Thank you for your kind words.
    This image was shot through a home-made zone plate stuffed into a Yashica D. 80mm, f52, HP5, HC110.
    Still on the learning curve making zone plates, the contrast on this zone plate is too low (max density about 1.6, way off) thus the negatives are super low contrast as well. Called Freestyle yesterday and they were very helpful on how to get to the higher contrast needed for a proper zone plate. So I have more to do when the film arrives.
    Not sure I could print this but the scan is salvageable. I like the way my friends heads dissolve into the sky. Another nice zone plate surprise.
    Feeling the need to start printing this stuff and posting the print scans, completing the work.
    -Harlan
    Attached Images Attached Images

For me, who is over saturated with modern rush to the perfection of the cameras, lenses and techniques, the pictures on this wonderful site is like returning to the roots. I like this picture - clearly felt mood.