Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid Colorpack pinhole

Polaroid Colorpack pinhole

I recently modified a dead Polaroid "The Colorpack" camera. It's now a 30mm ultra-wide, f100. Thankfully Fujifilm continues to make 3.25x4.25 pack film for it.

The Colorpack Pinhole Camera

Viktor Navorski - Fuji FP-100B Pack Film

Sunflower - Fuji FP-100C Pack Film

Happy instant pinholing, everyone!
    ross 8)

Excellent conversion and good results. I like the color picture.

Thanks, renon! FP-100C (color) is a nice film, but one really needs to pay attention and compensate for reciprocity on pinhole-length exposures. FP-100B (bl&wh), not so much.

ross

I use sometimes Fuji Instax Mini film. It's not only the reciprocity I have to take in account, there is a color shift to blue. Indoor shots taken under tungsten light are just right wihtout a filter, but outdoors I must use color compensating filters. Do you have also to use color compensating filters with the FP-100C?

Rene, Yes, FP-100C does go blue with long exposures. I haven't yet used filters on my pinholes, although that is in the plans. In the mean time, to help but not totally eliminate the excessive coolness, I have used a warm-light desk lamp or late afternoon sunlight to do some of my interior exposures.

thanks again for the comments!
    ross

Hey Ross! I left a comment on your Flickr photo, but actually found the link to it from here. This is a great idea! Didn't realize you were here on F295 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned.Lewis View Post
    Hey Ross! I left a comment on your Flickr photo, but actually found the link to it from here. This is a great idea! Didn't realize you were here on F295 too.
    Greetings Ned! I don't post too often here on f295, but do continue to be inspired by its many talented pinhologists and their artwork. This pinhole pack camera isn't an original idea having seen the work of Michael Pastur (see details in my Flickr), but I'm still glad to share my take on it.

Best of luck constructing your own "pinholaroid" and have a great day!
    ross

Quote Originally Posted by rt_pinhole View Post
    FP-100C (color) is a nice film, but one really needs to pay attention and compensate for reciprocity on pinhole-length exposures. FP-100B (bl&wh), not so much.

ross

FP 100B was one of my favorites to mess around with. R.I.P. to another good one.

I've converted a couple of these types of polaroids and they're real cool.
    You've really got to be on top of your game if your trying to use the FP3000B. Exposure times are blindingly fast but can yield good results.
    I'll throw a couple on the scanner when I am back in Portland.
    Anyone else trying the 3000B?
    Last edited by Rob.Mcilwain; 12-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    ......above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth.
    -George Eastman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.Mcilwain View Post
    Anyone else trying the 3000B?
    A good thing about FP-3000B is that it provides an opaque "negative" (goop-side of the peel-apart) that can be scanned.

The extra speed can be nice for interior/low-light situations, but makes it difficult to use outdoors in tropical sunlight. I'm going to experiment using this film with a ND filter one of these days.

rt

Sorry for bringing an old thread from the grave, but what filter would you need to use to fight that blue shift? orange filter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast