Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greifensee - Niederuster

Greifensee - Niederuster

To test the new focal length extensions I made this week for the Fuji Cherry Blossom 5x7 camera I went to the Greifensee near the landing pier at Niederuster. More info and pictures of the extensions in this thread: http://www.f295.org/main/showthread.php?17172-Fuji-Cherry-Blossom-5x7/page2

Fuji Cherry Blossom 5x7 camera, Fomaspeed S312 photo paper, pre-flashed, rated at 10 ASA, developed in Centrabrom, exposure times 3 to 10 minutes

FL 85 mm, PH 0.30 mm

FL 120 mm, PH 0.35 mm

FL 150 mm, PH 0.40 mm

Last edited by renon; 04-06-2013 at 05:53 AM.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, René -_- my photos on flickr

Beautiful images. I like the 5x7 format, your work has inspired me to start using my 5x7 again. Thank you for posting.

~Joe
    "There was just that moment and now there's this moment and in between there is nothing. Photography, in a way, is the negation of chronology."-Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
    My Writing Blog: Joe Van Cleave's Blog
    My Pinhole Blog: Obscure Camera
    Visit my F295 Gallery

Masterful images. Each one is stunning.
    Shoot Film Not People

Great work, René. The first image in particular has wonderful spirit.

Great images, René! You've found some great trees. I'm envious!
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

I agree with everyone else, these are great. I really like the first one. I'm building my first 5x7 camera right now ( half the pieces are scattered on my desk at this moment ) and seeing these is inspirational. You've made some really great pictures with this camera. ( The other set with s312 and centrabrom was superb too... I was eyeing those in the Freestyle catalog this afternoon! )

Many thanks for your very kind comments.

Around the Greifensee it has a lot of beautiful and interesting trees. I like to take tree portraits.

Joe, it makes me very happy when I could motivate you to use one of your great paper negative cameras again. Your extraordinary paper negative pictures stimulated me to start build larger format cameras using photo paper as negative.

Ned: You don't need Fomaspeed paper and Centrabrom developer. Although you can have also success with Multigrade paper I would recommend to start with fixed grade paper; grade 2 or any other paper softer than normal will do it. I use matt paper to avoid unwanted reflections in cameras with a curved film plane. In a camera with a flat film plane glossy paper is also good. Luster paper looks great as print but is horrible to scan. As developer any soft working or diluted normal working developer will do it. Good luck with your experiments.

Thanks! Arista grade 2 it will be, just like Joe!

Ned: Arista photo paper is rebranded paper. I think it is produced by Foma since quite a while. Arista EDU film is Fomapan film.

Thank you, that's interesting! My interest in centrabrom is also partly that I want to try a soft developer, not just for pinhole. I've been using dektol 1:4 for everything lately ( darkroom prints and pinhole ). Seeing your great results made me think I might try it, although I was originally thinking of select soft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast