Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Hill Springs Provincial Park

Big Hill Springs Provincial Park

I was on my way to Banff and decided to stop in for a couple of hours at Big Hill Springs Provincial Park a couple weeks ago. This is a fairly small park about 1.5 hours drive from my home just a bit north and west of Calgary. It was quite cold and windy (-13C), but hey I didn't have to worry about any batteries freezing up, just my nose and fingers!! I had the place to myself for at least an hour and had a good time exploring along the creek which flows year round from underground springs. There are quite a few small waterfalls as well which add to the interest of the place. I followed the creek for maybe a kilometre or so along very icy paths, and made it out after falling only once. Bruised my butt, and I managed to keep the camera away from impact and it still looks really pretty. My exposures ranged from around 30 seconds to a couple of minutes on Lomography 100 ISO film. Zero Image 6x9.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Collin Orthner; 03-29-2013 at 10:42 AM.

lovely set! the winter colours are so muted as to be almost black and white... i like their subtlety. they benefit from being seen at full size. if i had to cose favourites they would be one and four

Beautiful images, Collin, well worth the trek (although I'm glad there was only one not-too-bad fall).

I'm not going to try to pick a favorite, especially as they hang together so well as a series.
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Time well spent. Looks like a spot with endless possibilities. Wish I could pick a favorite but all are so well done that won't happen!
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay
    See Tales from the Dark Slide in the Gallery section.

The colors are so subtle, that when I opened first I thought it is b/w. beautiful set, my favorites are first and third. The colors on the tree limbs on third are so soft, almost like painting.

A very nice set of snow pictures.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, René -_- my photos on flickr

For a second there i thought these were toned instead of color images. I especially enjoy the third one.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Sweet images. I love color images that look monochrome at first glance.
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Another Zero camera doing a fine job.

Fine work! The compositions and subtle colour tones are wonderful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast