Thread: Lake Louise, Alberta

Lake Louise, Alberta

You certainly canít tell from this photograph that I was standing amongst roughly a hundred tourists who flock to this gorgeous viewpoint to have a photograph of themselves standing in front of it for a souvenir ( I took maybe three for people who handed me their cameras). Stepping off the boardwalk I carefully balanced on a few large rocks to get this shot setting my tripod up in the water. Of the hundreds, or even thousands of images made that day of this scene, I would venture to guess that I made the only one with this kind of camera! Another fun fact about this image is that it was created on a film I have had in my freezer since it expired back in 1989!! Good ol' Fujicolor 100 on my Zero 69.

scan170.jpg

really nice shot Collin! great work!

Lovely image! Nice comp and color....

Amazing image!

Wow, Collin -- that's a terrific image!! Breathtaking scenery, perfect composition, and great colors. Really well done.
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Classic Lake Louise, Collin! — I think I've stood near that spot myself, but this is the first time I've seen a pinhole image of it!

Thanks for all the kind comments!
    Most surprising to me was that 22 year old film(expiry date, it was likely produced 2 or 3 years earlier) could perform this well! I had bought about 40 rolls for a trip with my Linhof 617 Technorama and first day out destroyed the shutter. I only had a 35mm for many years as well, so it took awhile to use it up and a few rolls were left hiding in the deep recesses of my freezer. A bit like a film time capsule. Found a couple rolls of Konica infrared and Impressa 50 along with some Kodak Ektar 25. I haven't used any of those yet. I suspect the infrared might be a right-off, but I think I'll put it through anyway to see what I get.

Excellent picture. I love the colors. Such lakes in the mountain can have sometimes very intensive unusual colors.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, Renť -_- my photos on flickr

This green water is so intense! I love it !