Thread: Happy Easter (snow & rain)

Happy Easter (snow & rain)

Although we switched in Europe now also to DST last night it was snowing this morning, on Easter Sunday! After brunch it was still snowing and I went to the Greifensee to capture hopefully the last snow pictures of this extended winter.

Gryphus 8" camera, FL 150 mm, PH 0.40 mm (http://www.f295.org/main/showthread.php?18842-Gryphus-8), Fomaspeed S312 photo paper, pre-flashed, 12 ASA

A yacht port close to the village Fńllanden. 10 minutes exposure time (it was still snowing)

Happy Easter to everybody, hopefully with a little bit better weather than we have currently in Switzerland.
    Last edited by renon; 03-31-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, RenÚ -_- my photos on flickr

Soon after I arrived at the Greifensee it started to rain instead of snowing. Nevertheless I took a few other pictures before I went home.

Fuji Cherry Blossom camera with new rise/fall front part (http://www.f295.org/main/showthread....ry-Blossom-5x7), FL 119 mm, PH 0.40 mm, Fomaspeed S311 (glossy) photo paper, pre-flashed, rated at 12 ASA, developed in Centrabrom

The same place where I took the first picture, now half an hour later the rain dissolved the snow almost completely.

Number three is really fine. Very nice as always.

Happy Easter RenÚ ..really fantastic images

Happy Easter to you RenÚ.

I like the second one with the rowboat.. the smoothness and the subtle horizon beyond the float are really quiet and nice. In the first one I like the contrast ( for lack of a better word! ) between the contrast in the foreground and the contrast in the distance.

-Ned
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

Nice work Happy Easter to you. Number three if I had to pick one. The bit of movement in number two is very nice too.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    They are all lovely Rene! Happy Easter!
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Happy Easter, RenÚ.

A very nice series, but # 3 really stands out as extra special.

(I, too, keep waiting for the snow to make a final exit.)
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

You are a master! Great work Rene, I especially like the second and third shots.

Many thanks for your very kind comments.

#2 and #3 are also my favorites. The smooth gray shades without any visible grain of the paper negatives are unbeatable.

BTW: The snow is now definitely gone. We had some sunshine today but it was still very cold.