Thread: Inside/outside, and 8banners film flatness

Inside/outside, and 8banners film flatness

Hi all,

This pictures was taken at the library in Utrecht, which is across the town hall.
    And there's a large canvas mounted to the town hall celebrating a peace treaty which was signed here 300 years ago.
    So I searched for a book with an appropriate image of some old painting and combined the two images in one shot.

I'm happy with the result, but....notice the distortion in the upper corners.
    I'm very happy with my 8banners 6X12, but when photographing something with straight lines, this sometimes happens.
    I think it's a film flatness/tension issue, and will put some tape at the inside of the camera back, to see if it helps keeping the film flat.
    If someone has other/better suggestions, please share them !

Greetings, Danny

And here's how it looked :-)
    The 8banners was positioned with the small joby micro 800 upon a book with Rembrandt paintings...keep it in style
    Attachment 968
    Last edited by dannykalkhoven; 05-04-2013 at 03:08 AM.

8 Banners Ma

I get the same thing with my 6x6 8Banners Ma. I took a bunch of shots of this enormous sculpture and one of the shots was almost anamorphic. 8Banners cameras seem to generate serendipity.Rise p'hole4.jpg
    see my other work at:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintings_by_johnnelson/