Thread: Sabatier/Solarization

Sabatier/Solarization

Arguments may be made regarding both the terms and processes of sabatier and solarization, and even the proper spelling, but I leave that to those who care. The side by side shows the before and after of the sabatier/solarization process, and the others are just the effect. It can be a fun darkroom diversion to try to control.

Laguna Gloria.jpgZoe Sabattier.jpgOld fart sabattier.jpg

im a big fan of the process, although i find that mine nearly always require a scanner and digital re-print in order to come up well...

these are quite interesting, i particularly like the trees.

on a slightly unrelated note they would be easier to see if there was a space or two between each one...

i really like the bottom, camera/photographer image, and how the effect melds the fore/background together...

re: the names: i believe sabatier is what we do in the darkroom when exposing prints to actinic light, but solarization is the thing that happens as a result of over exposure in camera... (that said, i'm not overly concerned either)

looks good! keep going!

Posting things properly has never been my strong suit. That said, I must agree that space would help.