Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serpent de Mindin

Hybrid View

Serpent de Mindin

Shot a few 8x10s yesterday. Here's one of the Serpent at Mindin, first time I happened to be there when the tide covered just enough of the snake.
    70mm FL, 0.3mm EMS PH, Fuji HR-T X-ray film. Camera level and lower PH used for exposure of about 6 secs.

Wonderful image, I'd guess a contact print would be very nice.

~Joe
    "There was just that moment and now there's this moment and in between there is nothing. Photography, in a way, is the negation of chronology."-Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
    My Writing Blog: Joe Van Cleave's Blog
    My Pinhole Blog: Obscure Camera
    Visit my F295 Gallery

Thank Joe, yes, I should try one.
    Here's another from that session, I used the bottom pinhole again with the camera perfectly level in both directions. The rocks at the bottom dissappear into the water no more than a meter from the camera.

I like them both, especially the sky in the second one. Such a wide angle on 8x10 with only 70mm focal length! It's great for pinhole!
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

That's a good looking image Jimmy, what are the things in the middle of the shot in the water.
    Regards Shane
    - Suggestions on how to improve image always welcome
    http://www.ipernity.com/home/isisford/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisford/

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    That's a good looking image Jimmy, what are the things in the middle of the shot in the water.
    Beat's me. They're wooden stakes...used for god knows what.

Finally looking at these on a big screen rather than my phone. Really great images, James! I like both of them a lot.
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Nice work, James! The stakes in the second image look like writing of some sort - perhaps an equation of roman numerals?
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

That's not really a snake is it?
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric J View Post
    That's not really a snake is it?
    Would you believe it's 120m long. It's a permanent installation in the tide by Chinese (he lives here in France) artist Huang Yong Ping. I like this kind of art..even the fish get to play with it.

It does look like writing..unlikely though. Probably more to do with shellfish fishing which is pretty big in the area.

Thanks for comments folks, I've since sorted the uneven development issues I'd been having with the x-ray. I use glass sheets in the developing tray to avoid scratching the negs, but until now had been using a sheet a couple of inches small than the neg, hence the lines at some of the extremities. All better now since I got some glass cut to size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast