Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 edition?

hi all, count me, this is one of the things I need to get me going again after "too much business, too little pleasure"
    Happy to ship anywhere.
    That is: I was involved (mentally occupied) by my daytime job way to much.
    Although I have done some other nice things like vacation, visit museums, doing the "airborne remembrance walk" and other freetime activities, somehow the pinhole photography got pushed a little to the background.
    A print exchange is one of those things that get you back on track!
    I might try to get a picture from the anamorph for the exchange....

I just now made an order from B&S for some gold chloride and ammonium thiocyanate. I've been making salt prints but have never toned one. Earl, I saw your examples of toned salt prints, I'm hoping mine will have a touch of burgundy or deep dark purple. I've got a particular negative in mind, but haven't made a salt print from it, so I hope it has enough contrast! If not I'll probably make a new negative just for this. Anyway, glad that this exchange got me moving ... I've been wanting to try it!
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Ned - toned salt prints can be really lovely. I haven't made any salt prints recently - perhaps I should try it again. I have some gold as well as some pt and pd juice that I can tone with . . . .
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Ok awesome, around the 31st I'll count how many are in and see if we'll do one group or two smaller groups.

That's good for me too.
    Regards Shane
    - Suggestions on how to improve image always welcome
    http://www.ipernity.com/home/isisford/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisford/

Doesn't appear we're going to get more participants, so I'm starting the preparations. If anyone decides to join between now and friday I'll add them to the group that has fewer participants.
    As of now we're 7 people, so I'm making two groups.

Group 1:
    - Ned.Lewis
    - dwerg85
    - earlj
    - dannykalkhoven

Group 2:
    - banana_legs
    - Isis
    - scheimfluger_77

If everyone could PM me their snail- and e-mail addresses I'll send them around to each group.

Count me in. I'll ship anywhere.

I'm still missing the info of 3 people. If you haven't PM'd me yet please do so ASAP so we can get this ball rolling.
    Since we also won't be taking on any new participants the groups are set as follows:

Group 1:
    - Ned.Lewis
    - dwerg85
    - earlj
    - dannykalkhoven

Group 2:
    - banana_legs
    - Isis
    - scheimfluger_77
    - MarkB

I sent everybody I had the contact info for an email just now with the info of the other people in the group.
    I still need dannykalkhoven's stuff and will be sending that to the participants in group 1 as soon as I get it.

The (soft) deadline for shipping is december 10. The world won't end if you don't mail the prints by then, but if we all do, hopefully everybody will have their prints before the holiday season. What's most important tho is that you _do_ mail out the prints. Even if "late". There's no bigger let down than sending out all your prints and not getting the ones you should get in return.

Just so everyone is on the same page: the idea is that you'll send at least one print to each of the other participants in your group. So at the end of the day everyone should be getting at least three prints.

Sorry all!

I was busy with other things....
    I need to get a bit more consistent with this.
    Lots of other things (like projects at work, wallpaper at home...) ask my attention, and the the f295 sometimes gets shifte to the back of my mind.
    But it's also pinhole that's keeping me busy: there's a group of pinholers starting up here in Utrecht, so I'm also busy preparing an introductory workshop/lecture for them :-)

I have just sent my info to Omar, so he can wrap up the coordinating stuff.

Danny

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast