Thread: Culture infusion

Culture infusion

The government is trying hard to get the locals more interested in the (afro)culture they feel we should be feeling proud of and more connected with.
    Here's a crowd listening to a tambú (drum based music introduced by slaves normally popular around the end of year holiday season) performance in a park organised during the past culture week.

4x5 ilford delta in HC-110 dil b
    ƒ107 | f=32mm

Nice shot. Is that with the mp4 shutter on 4x5? Looks like a sweet street camera! I wonder would a better placement of the pinhole in the shutter eliminate the vignette, I remember having to have the pinhole almost touching the shutter blades if that's any help.
    P.s - I'm clueless about your country and history, from what I gather Curacao is a dutch colony..that's as much as I know.. Do you guys all speak english AND dutch?

It's still the manual shutter from before Jimmy. The sharp vignette is most probably from the fact that my shutter is actually the mount ring of an olympus lens and it's cap. In situations where there's enough light I end up getting the ring up in my image. This was a bit late in the afternoon, so the light died down enough that I could use the iso 100 film manually. The exposure was a couple of seconds long iirc.

As far as Curacao is concerned, we were indeed a Dutch colony and are still part of the kingdom. Coincidentally, today (10-10) we are "celebrating" our fourth year as an independent country within the kingdom. Before 2010 we used to be part of a more complicated construct where we were part of a country within the kingdom called The Netherlands Antilles which was formed by 5 (6 before '85) separate islands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc << this guy gave a pretty well overview of the mess even tho he pronounces Curacao wrong (the pronunciation is more like cure-a-sow). And language wise most people dominate papiamentu (local language), dutch, english and spanish to some degree.

That was awesome!