Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year/New Cameras

New Year/New Cameras

I have not been doing nearly as much photography as I would like. Part of this is other demands on my time (work, an ever growing list of kids' activities), but also we have been having a not especially picturesque winter: occasionally pretty cold, but not much in the way of really interesting snow, ice, or fog. So even when I have had a bit of time, I haven't had much incentive to get out. This has been particularly frustrating because I treated myself to some new cameras last Fall (an early Christmas present of sorts) and I'd been eager to try them out. But I did manage to get out there one day in January

One of them is a 6x12 camera -- a "Lerouge" pinhole camera -- designed and built by Philippe Leclerc in France (he sells them on the big auction site). It's a nice, solid camera that handles well. Here's an image of the Cheat River Narrows from my first roll (Ilford XP2 Super) through it:

img380.jpg

The same morning I brought along a new 6x18 camera, made by Chris Sodomka in Austria. It's a curved plane camera that allows for moving the film plane up and down, although without multiple pinholes (as with James Guerin's most excellent RSS 141 camera). Instead, one raises and lowers the whole insert that holds the film. I did not do any shifting the first time out, but I plan test that at some point. Here's the very first image, at the same spot on the Cheat as the 6x12 image, but made with Kodak Portra 400 BW film:

img384.jpg

I think both cameras are good additions to my (now extensive) lineup of pinhole cameras
    Last edited by DRC; 02-11-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Not sure if it's me or not but I can't view the photos. It says invalid attachment.

I can't see them either unless I click the link and then they appear. I'll check into it. Thanks Matthew - and welcome to F295!

I was wondering about that. I had them show up both as images and as links at different times when I first posted and then made a small edit. Right now they're showing up as links.

Thanks for looking into it, Tom!
    See my photos at:

And if I click the links, I get "Invalid Attachment Specified"

I'm baffled right now so I'm going to try and repost one here...
    (posts, reloads, checks...)
    OK, I can see it fine, does anyone else have a problem with the image posted in this response?

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 5.13.27 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Persinger; 02-09-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: test

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Persinger View Post
    OK, I can see it fine, does anyone else have a problem with the image posted in this response?

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 5.13.27 PM.jpg
    Thanks for the welcome. Yes I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Persinger View Post
    I can see yours Tom, but not David's originals.
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

Like Matthew and Ned I can see yours Tom but not David's.
    Steve

Edited the original post to upload the pictures anew. They are now showing up on my display. I hope everyone else can see them too.
    See my photos at:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast