Thread: 8x10 paper negs from WPPD

8x10 paper negs from WPPD

First one at Shell Beach again, I set up under a big overhanging rock to get out of the wind.

Second one I was being a little silly, I set up on a floating bridge in the middle of the Laguna de Santa Rosa in the evening. This kind of photograph does better on a foggy day... Also let me admit I feel like cutting off the tops of trees is akin to cutting off the top of a person's head in a portrait! I actually thought I was going to miss the rail entirely and include the top of the tree. In my defense I was trying to hurry before any hikers came across the bridge and really got it moving.

Yet still a couple more to develop!

Overhang par Ned, on ipernity

Laguna de Santa Rosa par Ned, on ipernity
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

Wonderful scenes there Ned!

Great images, Ned!

I really like the second one and find that I don't mind the tree being cut off just a bit, as there's still a lovely arc to it. (Perhaps this is sacrilegious to suggest, but I would be very tempted to "clone" out the railing in Photoshop.)
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Thanks David, and yes definitely there are times when the subject is the understory or curved branches or a maybe a forest path. Not a hard and fast rule, but this one makes me want to see the rest of the tree. As for cloning out the rail, I don't have a strong opinion about it, but I tend to avoid manipulations that I could not do while contact printing. Where the line is for "too much manipulation" is probably different for everyone and somehow arbitrary. I always get a kick out of how "free" my daughter is about this... she would think nothing of adding colors or anything else, with the whole idea of making it look cool. And there's nothing wrong with that either!

It's great having a day every year just devoted to pinhole!
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)