Thread: Wppd 2015

Wppd 2015

Despite a rainy forecast all week, it turned out to be a sunny World Pinhole Photography Day here in Albright, West Virginia.

Here are my shots (in order) from an hour spent down by the river this morning. I decided to go with instant film, which I haven't used much in a while. Despite being pretty expired, I got some nice colors.

All images made with a Lensless Camera Company 4x5 pinhole camera and Fuji FP-100C45 in a Polaroid 550 back. I hope everyone got a chance to get out and shoot today.

img434.jpg

img436.jpg

img435.jpg

img437.jpg

img438.jpg

img439.jpg

img440.jpg
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Great set, David. I especially like the two of the sun through the trees, can't decide between them, perhaps a diptych?

~Joe
    "There was just that moment and now there's this moment and in between there is nothing. Photography, in a way, is the negation of chronology."-Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
    My Writing Blog: Joe Van Cleave's Blog
    My Pinhole Blog: Obscure Camera
    Visit my F295 Gallery

I like #6, a peaceful scene.

I had an fp-100c failure this morning: four picures are badly washed out, it was my last box of a batch that expired, I don't remember if is was Oct 14 or Oct 13. But the same thing happened on the box before that from the same batch: fine when just opened, then the last few were badly faded a couple weeks later. This morning I also had some fresh fp-100c, used for 2 more and the colors are vivid and saturated on those. I think maybe fp-100c does not last as long after opening the foil when it gets too old.

I've got plenty of paper negs to develop from today, I hope you all had as much fun today as I did: a whole day of doing nothing but pinhole phtography!
    Last edited by Ned.Lewis; 04-26-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

I love pinhole polaroid - the fp-100c has a tonality that is just dreamy. Great shots, David!

Quote Originally Posted by Ned.Lewis View Post
    I like #6, a peaceful scene.

I had an fp-100c failure this morning: four picures are badly washed out, it was my last box of a batch that expired, I don't remember if is was Oct 14 or Oct 13. But the same thing happened on the box before that from the same batch: fine when just opened, then the last few were badly faded a couple weeks later. This morning I also had some fresh fp-100c, used for 2 more and the colors are vivid and saturated on those. I think maybe fp-100c does not last as long after opening the foil when it gets too old.

I've got plenty of paper negs to develop from today, I hope you all had as much fun today as I did: a whole day of doing nothing but pinhole phtography!
    I wonder what happened with your FP-100C. Not to make you feel bad, but the stuff I used had been sitting inside the pack holder for at least a year (probably more) and the holder was in my study through the seasons (anything but a refrigerated environment). Instant film just seems to run toward unpredictable, especially when it comes to pinhole.
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Ned I've been using 669 and FP-100C for about 7 years now and have never experienced that. I've left film in the camera for over a year without issue. My guess is that you have a light leak somewhere. Grab the gaffer tape and go nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by kier View Post
    Ned I've been using 669 and FP-100C for about 7 years now and have never experienced that. I've left film in the camera for over a year without issue. My guess is that you have a light leak somewhere. Grab the gaffer tape and go nuts!
    Thanks I will!.. that possibility had occurred to me too... a slow light leak could damage the film sitting in the camera.
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)