Thread: Taliesan East

Taliesin

Finally went to Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's home in southwestern Wisconsin. Not many opportunities to take pinhole pictures on a pretty extensive walking tour. but, if ya don't even try....

The tour begins at the school, the first building Wright designed on the site, built in 1902
    as a boarding school run by his aunts, but now the school of architecture. You can see right away some of his signature features, using the native stone and wood, walls of windows, and somewhat inconspicuous entrances.

school.jpg

A windmill tower, consisting of joined octagon and triangle sections, referred to by Wright as Romeo and Juliet, because one couldn't stand without the other.

Romeojuliet.jpg

A house he built for his sister who had the temerity to change parts of it.

sisters-house.jpg

His family settled in this valley, he spent summers here as a child, and eventually purchased most of it.

valley.jpg

And finally, his house, shown here from the back.

patio2.jpg

All with the Populist. .15mm pinhole 24mm from 24x36mm frame. Once again a little amazed that although we chatted with everyone on the tour including some obviously serious photographers, and they must have seen me taking pictures, nobody mentioned it.
    Last edited by dvoracek; 08-30-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    http://idea.uwosh.edu/nick/pinholephoto.htm

I wonder if they think you're some sort of nut cake, pretending to take photos with a crumpled make-believe camera, and wary of engaging you for fear of provoking a psychotic response? There's perhaps a generation out there who wouldn't know what a pinhole camera is, so wouldn't think that might be what you're using. It has to be something like that because photographers in my experience are usually keen to share about their gear. Interesting.

I like the flow and people in the 1st and 3rd, and the serene feeling from the valley.
    Since I often use coffee can pinholes, I've had people ask me if I'm catching insects for some reason. It's funny to watch their faces when I tell them it's a camera... the eyes usually widen and then usually a smile.
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

I like these pictures very much,Especially the shadow of the flow。
    -------------------------------------------------------
    FSFX2005@163.COM

Great pictures.I have loved your documentary style for a while and these certainly don't disappoint.

500+ Posts
    Nice coverage. Having tried several 135-format pinholes, the 24 mm seems optimal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dvoracek View Post
    Once again a little amazed that although we chatted with everyone on the tour including some obviously serious photographers, and they must have seen me taking pictures, nobody mentioned it.
    I know it. I call it pale envy :-)
    The world is not black and white. It often looks good in grayscale, though.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/msgallery/sets/