Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film Canister Cameras First Light

Film Canister Cameras First Light

I recently built a set of nine small pinhole cameras from black film canisters, with which I intend on using Harman Direct Positive paper, in a format size of 1.75" square. Here's an example image from the first test batch.

~Joe

PS: This is a "Zombie Posting." Because zombies are the walking dead and this site is supposed to be dead.

"There was just that moment and now there's this moment and in between there is nothing. Photography, in a way, is the negation of chronology."-Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
    My Writing Blog: Joe Van Cleave's Blog
    My Pinhole Blog: Obscure Camera
    Visit my F295 Gallery

And here's a blog article about this camera project, which includes several videos.

~Joe

http://pinholeobscura.blogspot.com/2...a-project.html
    "There was just that moment and now there's this moment and in between there is nothing. Photography, in a way, is the negation of chronology."-Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
    Visit my F295 Gallery

I like it Joe. Both the image, and the zombie comment.

I thought the site a was all done 'n dusted . Looking for some info on doing some mods on a Petzal lens stumbled on the old f295

Jo how do you like the Harman/ Ilford paper ?

I love this paper, just wish they also made it in an RC paper, as that would open the possibility of a portable darkroom street portrait project ... The fiber paper requires an extensive rinse and takes some time to dry, not conducive for making quick portraits in public; whereas an RC version would only take a few minutes to rinse and squeegee dry after processing.

I do have a camera minutera I built last year, but it uses paper negatives and I have to rephotograph the negative to get a positive print. I'm using RC paper for both steps, but it requires processing paper twice, once for the negative and again for the print. I can hardly do the whole process in less than 15 minutes. With an RC version of direct positive paper it would take less than 10 minutes to get a finished print.

~Joe
    Visit my F295 Gallery

That's interesting I have been thinking about making a minutera/afghan-box-camera . Regarding the non RC Harman paper , another new brand that has some good speed is Galaxy positive direct, just one problem with it it isn't direct positive needs two developers and a very toxic bleach.

I like that "mini" format. I haven't tried the paper but this peeks my curiosity. Now to see if I have any black canisters......
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay
    See Tales from the Dark Slide in the Gallery section.

"mini" format. just finished my copy of the Wolcott camera has an image size 0f 40mm sq

Another from the film canister pinhole cameras, Harman Direct Positive paper. The subject is a recently built outdoor eatery mall comprised of re-purposed metal shipping containers, in Albuquerque, called Green Jeans Market.

~Joe

Visit my F295 Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast