Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY camera project

DIY camera project

Goodmorning all,

I got mail from Norway, so I got book I was waiting. Needed to read it couple of times and still it wasnt easy to figure out hot make for example front frame.
    But now Im moving forward with this project. Now I have done almost thw whole front frame.
    Here are some photos about what I have done.

Start of front frame

Bits which comes inner side of frame

Bits to outer side of the frame

And then finally outer bits glued together with frame bits.

DIY camera project

Measuring failures
    I noticed that I have done couple of measuring failures and glued the whole thing together, damn. Well Ill start from a beginning, and will do some things differently. The frame was not even straight. Well, life is...

DIY camera project

you might want to consider getting a strap clamp for those glueing those frames together. it'll greatly simplify your job, here's what it looks like, but you can get them at home depot or lowes for about $9

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00012XE3M/qid=1149676683/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-3232094-3827156?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

DIY camera project

I think I might try steaming it and pushing it to be square. You might be able to get the glue to soften just enough to salvage the work you did.

How is the tripod going?

DIY camera project

Sharpen that blade!

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E
    How is the tripod going?
    Tripod mmm. Going well I think.
    Yes, actually I cut a little bit those all three peaces, cause I realize that I do not need that high tripod. Today I also bought three bolt, cut also a little bit, drilled a hole for that, glued and put that into a center leg. I also bought three rubber things (dont know english word for that, but as soon as I got photo taken, youll see what I mean) to screw to bolt.

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by tpersin
    you might want to consider getting a strap clamp for those glueing those frames together. it'll greatly simplify your job, here's what it looks like, but you can get them at home depot or lowes for about $9

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00012XE3M/qid=1149676683/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-3232094-3827156?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013
    That was great idea, I didn´t needed to go anywhere than my basement, cause I got from there something like what was beyond that link. All I need now is those corners and that´s it. Thank you.

And yes Murray, you are absolutely right, I should sharpen that blade. ;D

But, I´ll tell you more tomorrow, now it´s time to quit and go to bed. Tomorrow is again normal working day. See ya.

DIY camera project

Even with a sharp blade, try to make your cuts a continuous movement (but do it safely!). Burns often occur if you stop the feed for some reason, like repositioning your hands.

DIY camera project

Another thing that can cause burns is to have the rip fence not parallel to the blade.

Also, it might help with the squareness of the mitered corners to make a miter jig. Here is an example: http://www.woodworking-news.com/pdfs/woodmag_table_saw_mitre_jig.pdf

If your table saw does not have the slots that this jig rides in you can set it up to ride against the edges of the table as long as the blade is parallel to the edge of the table.

It looks like you're onto a great project. Have fun.

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by geeno
    Another thing that can cause burns is to have the rip fence not parallel to the blade.

Also, it might help with the squareness of the mitered corners to make a miter jig. Here is an example: http://www.woodworking-news.com/pdfs/woodmag_table_saw_mitre_jig.pdf

If your table saw does not have the slots that this jig rides in you can set it up to ride against the edges of the table as long as the blade is parallel to the edge of the table.

It looks like you're onto a great project. Have fun.
    Thanks Im having fun ;D
    And I also have a Dewalt miter saw to do mitered corners, so that would not be a problem. But now, out to take some photos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast