Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DIY camera project

DIY camera project

Okay here we go again.

Now with some additional photos.

Now, here is front frames inside view, where bellows will be attached.

And here is outside view of a front frame, where Iīll make or buy lensboard.

Thats is all for now about the camera, secondly Iīll show couple of photos of my tripod project.
    -----------

Here is the rubber thing I told you about. It is some antishake rubber thing :-/

And the second photo describes the next thing Iīm doing to tripod, this is the outer part of tripod.

And here is the tool I used to round off that tripods outer "leg"

And final pictrure describes the idea of a trpod.

There are some numbers and next some explanations:

1. Bolt thru legs to connect legs to plane to where I insert my new ballhead
    2. Wooden part crewed both sides to be a stopper to a center part.
    3. Bolt and wingnut to tighten the center part, both sides have same kind of a wooden part.
    4. Wooden part crewed both sides to be a stopper to a center part.

Now I need to update my finnish blog same stories.

DIY camera project

Okay, tripod is almost finished, there are some things still I need to plan, but here is "raw" verion of tripod.
    Next Iīm gonna start to make rear frame.

DIY camera project

That tripod is going to be nice!

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E
    That tripod is going to be nice!

Thank you,

Here it is now, (no, not the camera ) the tripod. One thing is still under construction. On my earlier post, I had an idea to tight that center leg with two wooden parts, botl, and wingnut. It didnīt wokr that way, it donīt tight that. Need to think that part again.

Here are some photos.

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by raidahl
    On my earlier post, I had an idea to tight that center leg with two wooden parts, botl, and wingnut. It didnīt wokr that way, it donīt tight that. Need to think that part again.
    As you have it set up, you need the inner leg to be a little thinner than the outer parts in order for the clamp to lock the leg. If the inner leg is the same or thicker, there won't be any clamping force on the outer section (unless you build up the underside of the clamp bars beyond the edge of the inner leg). Should be easy to correct -- take the inner legs out and sand both surfaces pretty heavily just where the clamp bar contacts; as little as a millimeter off the thickness is likely do do the job, though you'll need to take some off both sides.

DIY camera project

Before thining the lower leg I'd try padding the inside of the outer wooden clamps where they contact the upper legs. Duct tape should be fine to check that idea out.

DIY camera project

Thanks for the advise. Iīll try that tape thing first and if it donīt work then Iīll try what ImageMaker suggest. And if that works Iīll continue to camera project.

DIY camera project

Obviously the tripod passes confidence testing...by virtue of the H'blad sitting on it unattended.

The REAL test will be a scanner-cam on a bridge on a windy day (:O)

DIY camera project

Looks great! The one thing that I don't see is something to keep the legs from spreading too far. Are you going to attach a piece of string to the legs to do this? Too bad brass is so expensive, brass handles and screws would look great on this tripod.

DIY camera project

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E
    Looks great! The one thing that I don't see is something to keep the legs from spreading too far. Are you going to attach a piece of string to the legs to do this? Too bad brass is so expensive, brass handles and screws would look great on this tripod.
    Yes, You are right, brass would be nice, but it was hard to find even those plastick ones. But if I found from somewhere, Iīll replase all metallic parts. I have also plan to attach some kind of a string to keep the legs from spreading too far.

Now I made one change to that part which should tight the center leg. I attack two (those things which comes under screw, you know) to keep wooden clamps off the center leg a little bit. Itīs not nice looking, but need to be suitable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234