Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara Obscura

Camara Obscura

Iīm not sure if this is the right place for this image.
    I sealed the window with black plastic, cut a hole the size of a dime on a piece of aluminium for the 'pinhole'.
    Itīs like magic! Attached files

Camara Obscura

oops!
    The actual photo was taken with a lens camera (a Canon DSLR), 30 seconds exposure.

Camara Obscura

Hey you should check out abelardo Morell,

This is what really got me hooked on pinholing

http://www.abelardomorell.net/

Willscraig

Camara Obscura

Very cool!

Camara Obscura

Such a fantastic idea. Great job!

Camara Obscura

Quote Originally Posted by Willscraig
    Hey you should check out abelardo Morell
    Yeah, I know his work. Itīs really great.

And thnaks, everybody!

Camara Obscura

Quote Originally Posted by Perez
    oops!
    The actual photo was taken with a lens camera (a Canon DSLR), 30 seconds exposure.
    Well................the original optic was a pinhole, albeit a very large one.

Like a scanner the capture medium, a digital camera, used a lens and the final out put is on a computer monitor. The digital file can be used to create a print so, to me, it qualifies as a pinhole image.........but I am pretty liberal in my interpretations.......sometimes.

Regardless, it is a really ingenious use of the mediumand I applaude your efforts!!!!

Camara Obscura

You can see how it was made here: http://www.vimeo.com/clip:91655

Camara Obscura

Such fun! I would like to try this if I had a good room for it. I may try our small toolshed when the weather cools down a bit. Thanks for the inspiration. It must really be magical!
    The upside-down image is strange at first but after looking at some of Abelardo Morell's I realized that the interaction of the objects in the room with the inverted image was an integral part of the effect. Amazing.

Camara Obscura

Quote Originally Posted by Perez
    Iīm not sure if this is the right place for this image.
    I sealed the window with black plastic, cut a hole the size of a dime on a piece of aluminium for the 'pinhole'.
    Itīs like magic!
    I think you have just done what most of us are thinking of doing.. Seeing it like this, I am sure, will have more than just a few of us trying it at home, work and about anywhere we are able!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast