Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my x-mas present to myself

my x-mas present to myself

his name is alf, short for alfred hitchcock, short for "the birds"
    body is cherry, shutter is flamed maple, stripe inlays are ash (i think... the board was laying around in the basement)

mosaic: the filler pieces are cherry. the birds bodys are bloodwood. the beaks, bellys and wing accents are yellow heart (i think, i am drawing a blank on the name at the moment). the dark parts of the star are bacote. the "grout" is white wood putty.

alf is a 6x12 roll film camera with the frame advance on the bottom. he is about a f180.

he was a joy to build, i am not sure i still like his handle... might have to be removed. Attached files

Attached files

Attached files

Attached files

That's some very fine camera making, TRB. I especially like the mosaic in this one. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    That's some very fine camera making, TRB. I especially like the mosaic in this one. Well done.
    I agree. Not only the mosaic, but I especially like the brass work and the corners. Nice touch.

You folks are certainly going to be a colorful crew.........is there a daisy painted micro bus in the garage?

All three are real beauties. The tools come in so many shapes sizes and styles. That's one of the things that makes pinhole so much fun for me........the infinate variety and imagination of this group never ceases to amaze and keeps raising the bar both photographically and in craftsmanship.

Absolutely, positively, outstandingly, Fantastic!

Wow, a carved handle, nice brass accents and some marquetry too! Outstanding!

Good work! I want to see a hip shot - made while holding that handle and walking down the street.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast