Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my x-mas present to myself

my x-mas present to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Marv
    All three are real beauties. The tools come in so many shapes sizes and styles. That's one of the things that makes pinhole so much fun for me........the infinate variety and imagination of this group never ceases to amaze and keeps raising the bar both photographically and in craftsmanship.
    Indeed

I love the workmanship. I have been looking for some chromed corner parts like the brass ones you have used but despite ages trawling the net have yet to fiond anything. Did you manufacture these yourself? Or can they be bought off-the-shelf? And what are these corner things called in technical, hardware terms?

BTW the mosaic is superb!

Cheers.

Mark

i got mine at a true value store, near the hinges... i think they are pretty common. the box says "decrative brass corners"

American hardware stores and hobby storss often have them.

The only chrome or nickel ones that come to mind are roundish, like for shipping containers (musician's 'road cases', etc).

I second the hobby shop venues as last-known sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by murrayatuptowngallery
    The only chrome or nickel ones that come to mind are roundish, like for shipping containers (musician's 'road cases', etc).
    Thanks Murray - I had come to the same conclusion myself regarding the chrome variety. Thanks to the other repliers too, if I find what I want here in the UK or online I will post a reply for anyone else looking for this kind of thing.

Mark

Screwfix direct have this sort of thing.
    http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A332927&ts=95450&id=43840
    The brass fitting they stock is perhaps not as ornate, But if they stock it, I bet B&Q do too.
    IMO the brass fittings give it a little more character..

Dave.

Now that i tried the link, it failed!!! Search ironmongery, chest fittings, corner.

due to hard financial times, this camera is now also for sale... make me an offer

sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12