Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Eight Banners 'Mb' Camera

The Eight Banners 'Mb' Camera

Any idea what is going on with 8banners ? i have been trying to contact them to purchase a 4x5 inch or a Dragon II for the last two months. 8banners.com is down and even their eBay store is off. Is Oliver still around ?

Don't know. I lost contact with him months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by taco
    Shooting from the hip is typical for the Lomo
    http://www.lomo.com/
    or -wrongly- because it is not a Lomo but a Clack "Lochlomo"
    http://kosara.net/photo/lochlomo.html
    but:
    Has somebody also tried to modify a Lomo into pinhole?
    i have a friend that's doing this. as soon as she manages to scan the images, i'll ask her to post them here...

I was eyeing a 4x5 that was up on e-bay a short time ago a week or so....hopefully after the Chinese holidays they will be back I'd like a dragon I saw one online and it kind of fueled my pinhole addiction.....

Has anyone got new info on 8Banners? I'd like to get the metal 618 camera. I have read posts from people that have placed orders / payments and not received a reply. :'( Kurt

i'd just love to know if they're still around -- their web site does not even come up any m ore. If they're not answering email, I'd say you're out of luck.

Zeroimage cameras are lovely, however. Cost more, but they draw a crowd.

I recently came across this website for "8 Banners USA." I wonder if the camera will be sold in the US?

http://8bannersusa.com/

I hope to see 8Banners return, they had very well built cameras (like tanks) that delivered what they promised. I have the Ma and the Dragon II, and they are two of my most used pinholes. Here's to Oliver and Co's speedy return!

Hi. I wanted to let you all know that I just bought a new 8banners 'Ma' camera. There are 'more than 10 left', so you'll need to act fast. The people I got it from can be contacted at:
    www.virtualvillage.co.uk.

I actually bought it via eBay - no bidding as they are new. I guess they are all that was left after the factory closed. The eBay address is..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Pinhole-Camera-Precise-Viewfinder-Spirit-Level_W0QQitemZ180353477038QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_P hotography_Film_Cameras_ET?hash=item180353477038&_ trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A2%7 C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1 %7C294%3A50

It doesn't actually say it's 8banners, but it is - you can see the pics. Unlike the 'Mb', the 'Ma' has only 645 or 66 format options (as far as I can see, as the manual is entirely in Chinese). It came with 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 pinholes (plus a spare set). The camera arrived in perfect condition (including working compass?1?) via FEDEX. Shanghai to Paris to Stanstead to Belfast took 7 days. The folks at virtual village stayed in touch throughout and were very helpful. The total cost was £170, which I think is good value for such a beautiful looking camera. Judging by the photos I've seen on f295 taken with 8banners cameras, I expect it'll work well too. Of course I'm a greenhorn so I'm not expecting miracles first time out. I bought some 120 roll film today and, weather permitting, I'l maybe get some shots. If anyone goes for this you might ask the sellers if you need to pay customs duty. Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12