Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherrywood 4X5

Cherrywood 4X5

Just finished this up, still need to try it out before it goes to it's new home. It passed the light leak test so hopefully I can try it this weekend.

info:
    4X5 Cherrywood, 70mm F200 Attached files

Cherrywood 4X5

She's a beaut! Very very...shall I go on... Nice!

Cherrywood 4X5

Gorgeous! Not only beautiful wood and precise woodworking, but the formed spring steel is also impressive. Would you mind letting us in on your methods for forming the springs and fittings?

Cherrywood 4X5

Is there a groundglass in that frame?

Heck, the camera is gorgeous!

Cherrywood 4X5

Wow! Absolutely beautiful workmanship. Well done.

Cherrywood 4X5

What a beautiful camera. I too would be interested to know your method for producing the sprung back.

Mark

Cherrywood 4X5

Hi Thats a truly great camera, I realy like the spring back. Sorry you couldn't get any plane sawn Sapele. I have a bit you could get a 5x4 camera out of if your interested. I dont know what the postage would be to the states, but probably not that much. send me a PM (the peice is definatly worth it).

Cherrywood 4X5

Well what else can I say? Admiration for fine workmanship is the least that I can express, If you are 1/2 as good in photography as in woodworking you have a bright future. I am looking at my foam-core, bid-up, sad looking lot of 4x5's and frankly I am at a loss for words while scratching by bold head. Thank you for showing us your work. delio

Cherrywood 4X5

Thanks for all of the comments, I am kind of proud of this one.

The springs were the most difficult part of the camera.

The short version is: judicious application of heat, burnt fingers, lots of swearing, some bending, cut fingers, some hammering, mashed fingers, more swearing and a bit of luck.

I will post a more detailed account in a seperate thread soon.

delphidb96
    No groundglass, just a wood panel.

Mark G
    Thanks for the offer of wood, but an out of state friend found some for me and I will pick it up from him this Spring.

Cherrywood 4X5

Wonderful work!
    Thank you for showing this!

Bino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast