Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB 67 Back

RB 67 Back

My Dad has a RB67 and a couple backs, one of which I borrowed.

I resealed the back with a kit I got from Jon Goodman, via ebay. I'll give him and the product an unsolicited plug, both are great. Here is a link to some tech sheets http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html.

It took me a while, I took my time, probably 4 hours total time. A lot of it is waiting for the old adhesive to loosen up. The actual appplication of the seals is just tedious. So far two rolls and no leaks I can attribute to the back.

Anyway....the camera...I have some black tape around where it seals to the back that seems to have cured a very minor leak. I think a thicker sealing ,material will solve it without the need for tape.

You can see a little lever on the side. That is to keep the shutter from sliding opoen by accident. As you'll see in image 3 I shimmed the back of the shutter slide and that took care of a loosness. Attached files

RB 67 Back

Sliding shutter. The rail on the top enchroached into the image area in roll 1 so we modified it and that is gone.

Attached files

RB 67 Back

From the back you can see the brass shim stock I glued on to snug the slider up a bit.

Statictics: f/100, 25mm focal length, .33mm pinhole.

Needless to say on 6X7 25mm is nice an wide. Roll 2 has some interesting possibilities. As soon as it dries I'll post a couple.
    Attached files

RB 67 Back

Very nice shutter. Have to keep that in mind for future projects

RB 67 Back

Nice job, Marv. Really like the shutter. Looking forward to the results.

RB 67 Back

Marv, great camera! The RB67 backs seems to be great, I have a couple and have used them on 3x2 Graflexs. Appear to be better constructed than Graflex backs and relatively reasonable on EBay. Looking forward to seeing photos.

RB 67 Back

What an elegant solution !!!, I was debating if to buy a 6x7 back just like the one in your posted pictures or the Zeiss 6x9 then decided that it would be easier to ditch the glass. However; they will have another flea market in ?. about 3 months. delio

RB 67 Back

Fantastic. now I have a new project.. up to about 12 of them now.

RB 67 Back

Good work there, Marv!
    Nice camera!

RB 67 Back

Quote Originally Posted by Marv
    My Dad has a RB67 and a couple backs, one of which I borrowed.
    Great work. These back etc... are really dropping in price and are built like Panzer tanks.

Did you have any problems with the wind stop release coupling pin and I don't think that model has the coupling pin for multi-exposure prevention? Any tips on winding? A .33mm pinhole sounds a bit big?

I have a design, that is going to test that uses and RB67 back, the RB67 rotating adapter and a Delrin or 5051 aluminium (not decided yet) milled plate to allow the mounting of an ILEX No 3 on a flange nut with a .2 mm diameter pinhole at 28.89 mm focal length. This allows for the maximum FOV with this arrangement. A 1mm padding of the flange nut and a 29.89 mm focal length gets best overall resolution (constant 1.56). . Attached files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast