Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost

Lost

This is actually a black and white image that I colorized. In the 1930's tradition of digital coloring lol.

Lost

Nice hand-coloring, RS. I doubt the people doing this in the 30's could have done any better, if even as well.

Lost

The truth is I started it on a lark but it has pretty much taken over. I shoot some cross process slide film. I have laying about and need to get rid of it. Of course if I do anything for family or friends I shoot it in color, but this has about replaced my color film entirely for anything else.

If I can come up with a good way to shoot that four hundred feet of 46mm I have laying about I will be so happy. Man that was a stupid purchase. I can shoot it fine in my old 127 cameras. It also makes a nice 645 neg but it is hard to shoot in my old camers because it wont lay flat. I might convert something especially for that film.

Lost

By the way thanks.

Lost

Quote Originally Posted by retroshooter
    If I can come up with a good way to shoot that four hundred feet of 46mm I have laying about I will be so happy.
    Why not just shoot in color, then desaturate to monochrome and go from there? If you have PS the channel mixer is a great way to adjust tonality while dumping the color info. It's almost like being able to apply your choice of the typical filters used in B & W photography after-the-fact. I've seen some stunning digital monochrome that was shot in color and this isn't much different.

Lost

I like to process the film myself. Just more of the do it all mentality. Makes almost no sense but I really do like it.

You know the I build (sorta) the camera, Ioad the film into film holders, I expose the film and on and on. This is just one mor bit of hands on stuff. Also this isn't selective coloring it is me deciding what colors I use and how I mix them but I do admit there are some real problems. Tint as opposed to airbrush does not lend itself to blending at all. With air brush colors youi can blend them some. I don't know probably all in the im a control freak kind of thing.

Lost

reedit

Attached files

Lost

Film plane flattening with AR (anti-reflective glass).

Agfa Ventura 69 back glued to 4x5 filmholder with center cut out)
    Attached files

Lost

front

Attached files

Lost

camera flash 3" from glass

Attached files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast