Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Graphic and Cambo SC combination?

Speed Graphic and Cambo SC combination?

I'm with Jim on this one, and in fact have a SG I have to drive a few hours to pick up for exactly the same purpose, building a shutter box. with the shutter mounted between the front standard and bellows, you still have on axis movements, ability to use leaf shuttered lenses, and have a wide variety of barrel lenses, probably the best compromise.

erie

btw, Murray, let me know if you find it, might give me a ray of hope, I labeled the box with 4 more of those lenses and still haven't found the damn thing.

The rear standard can be easilly removed (less than 10 seconds!) so mounting the SG to the rear standard will mean if I want to go back to an open standard with no shutter, I can just remove the standard with the SG and put the original one back on. It's going to be a pretty specialized setup, but easilly removed and set back to normal :-) Just need to get an SG now :-D

Excellent Concept!
    A Packard shuter can't deliver a 1000th of a second, but a Speed can!

A Speed Graphic body as the front standard of a camera!
    Wonderful!

Apparently a focal plane shutter well in front of the focal plane has some kid of issue.

It works, but something gets distorted.

I'm not sure, but it may only be with motion.

well, it seems like it's going to be easiest to keep the shutter and back together, (can't be for sure yet, as I don't have one) that would also not limit the use of wider lenses. It's going to be fun :-)

pics

Attached files

Attached files

Attached files

Thanks for the images! Where exactly is the focal plane shutter on that camera, is it right close up to the back glass? If so, it looks like I might have to cut off the parts of the camera that are extending forward (the 4 'walls' that make up the sides of the camera, and the top and bottom), either that or make sure that I'm using longer focal length lenses that will make up for the extra distance added to the film from the structure of the camera. I assume most of that is one piece, the body doesn't detach from the glass and shutter?)

I have the measurements you can't see out in the car - I'll update later.

Opening is roughly 6-1/4" high x 5-7/8" wide. I forgot the depth.

This is a 6-speed model I think - 1/1000-1/500-1/250-1/125-1/60-1/30+Open

You can see in image 678 it's about 75 mm to the metal flange in front of the ground glass (which is deeper than the not-shown curtain shutter.).

I don't think I'm going to make it any clearer by saying anymore without real measurements.

What you're seeing thru the ground glass back is the folded up cloth viewing hood. It's a 30's spring back (cheaper than a Graflok) on a later SG - not sure what model...I thought Pacemaker but dunno.

I can't imagine what someone did with the RF that they couldn't have done without a saw (?!?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast