Thread: Ceramic Camera 12c

Ceramic Camera 12c

A ceramic camera, made of high fire stoneware, and a post firing addition of steel leaves. It's overall height is about 41 cm tall. The knot hole on the front serves as the shutter. The image is a test done to see if the camera worked properly. It's a 90 sec. exp. on a 5x8 inch piece of photo paper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steve irvine; 10-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.

What a beauty Steve. As a lover of trees for being trees and for the wonderful wood they give us you have done them proud.
    "Most people know the names of only two photographers. One is Ansel Adams and the other one isn't." Bill Jay
    See Tales from the Dark Slide in the Gallery section.

Thanks, Marv. This one was a real departure from the ones I've been working on lately.

I love all your cameras Steve, but this one is my very favorite! It is true art. I just wish I had one tenth your talent. Art for making Art.

Another incredible creation! I was planning on leaving a comment about the other camera you recently posted and already there was another uniquely beautiful piece. (And it works!)
    See my photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drcphotography/

Steve, wow!!! I like all your ceramic cameras but this is a very special one. Great design, and can be used as spy cam in the woods. :-)
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, René -_- my photos on flickr

Quote Originally Posted by renon View Post
    Steve, wow!!! I like all your ceramic cameras but this is a very special one. Great design, and can be used as spy cam in the woods. :-)
    Thanks, René! Cameras being such technical instruments generally, I like to make more organic forms as a contrast to the familiar. A spy cam in the woods is a possibility, but it would have to be a slow moving subject — spying on snails perhaps?