Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From my new camera

40 years and you got through breakfast in an hour.....probably only so you could head off to a bar
    Exactly how long does it take to catch up on 40 years plus recounting all the childhood tales?
    Good pictures, the double exposure does it for me
    Freestyle still list 127 Efke 100 at ten bucks.
    The Rollei branded film was available in 127 till recently but it seems to have vanished now, maybe you can find someone with stock.
    Does light still exist if we're not looking?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dach_art/

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    David:

We opened the restaurant at 7:00 AM, and we headed off to our respective workdays at about 9:30. I did not keep track of when I opened and closed the shutter - likely the exposure was closer to 2 hours. I love converting lovely old cameras to pinhole. This one is a beauty - I am going to like using it until I can no longer buy the film. It is small enough to carry with me, yet produces a reasonably big negative. I bought 3 rolls of the Efke film - we'll see how that works next . . . .
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Breakfast is a winner. It' also somewhat difficult for some of us to spool and develop 127...OK, it's been difficult for me to do so...difficult for one of us.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Spiffy:
    I had to buy a new tank and reels to develop 127. I found a Paterson tank with adjustable reels on Ebay. I had a hard time loading the film onto the reel due to the extreme curl of the film, but after a half hour of wrestling with it in total darkness, I was able to get it on the reel with no kinks. I am hoping that the newer Efke film might not be quite so problematic.
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Good results, Earl. Despite finding the correct film it is a lot of fun to give old beauties a new life as pinhole camera. Currently I'm playing also a lot with older (preferably pre-war) cameras, but as lens cameras.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, René -_- my photos on flickr

Great work, Earl.

I'd say Nancy Breslin would be proud of the breakfast image !
    Please click on my flickr page : www.flickr.com/photos/seoirseosial

If a single photograph is a phrase, then a body of work is the full story.
    (Manuel Alvarez Bravo)

Earl
    I would also go with the second photo. I am attracted to the combination of location, blurred movement, and pinhole. It is the type of work I find very interesting, but never seem to think about trying out. Not sure why that is.Thanks for the treat. Kurt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12